Peraton is looking for a Civil Engineering Technician at our Lajas, Puerto Rico location in support of the Tethered Aerostat Radar System (TARS) program. The aerostat system provides persistent surveillance, detection capabilities, to our U.S. Government customer.
This position will ensure the operation, maintenance, and repair of Real Property, Real Property Installed Equipment (RPIE), Real Property Similar Equipment (RPSE), roads and grounds, utility systems, security systems, fire systems, and environmental protection systems.
What you’ll do…
- Appliy comprehensive technical knowledge and experience to the overall aerostat system operations properly interpreting manufacturer’s manuals or similar TARS O&M documentation.
- Perform maintenance for corrosion control and painting of steel structures including monorails.
- Perform maintenance of interior walls, flooring, plumbing, appliances and lighting.
- Perform maintenance of concrete pads, asphalt pavement and sidewalks.
- Perform operations and maintenance of utilities including water, electrical, sewer and pumps.
- Work with subcontractors to insure subcontracted jobs are completed on time, under budget and per the specifications as outlined in the scope of work.
- Develop the Statement of Work (SOW) portion of the 332 for site modifications to include photos, detailed sketches and parts lists for ordering material as required.
- Operate the aerostat launch/recovery control systems including their back-up systems.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance activities on the aerostat pressure control subsystems, power subsystems, mechanical and hydraulic subsystems, aerostat hardware and rigging, tether subsystem, and aerostat envelope.
- Perform operation and maintenance of enclosed mooring system and winch vehicles, site power generators, standard motor vehicles, special non-lift vehicles, and forklifts.
- May be assigned Vehicle Maintenance Officer (VMO) duties.
- Perform all aerostat system preflight and post-flight checks and aerostat system inspections as required.
- Perform operations and maintenance of compressed-gas equipment including helium transfers to the aerostat for inflation and replenishment purposes.
- Perform maintenance on aerostat engine generator sets if applicable. Assists with the resupply and repair logistics activities for aerostat and mechanical subsystems. Functions as a key member of the flight crew for inflation, deflation, launch, recovery, and in-flight activities.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
You’d be a great fit if…
- You have a High School or GED Diploma (required).
- You are able to obtain/maintain certifications as assigned (required).
- You have successfully completed a Background Investigation with a Favorable Suitability Determination (preferred).
- Have at least 2 years of facilities maintenance experience.
- Are capable of reading and understanding engineering drawings.
- Are familiar with performing corrective and preventive maintenance to Real Property Installed Equipment.
- Are able to perform the following physical activities: stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
- Are able to use the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules.
- Are comfortable working in interior and exterior work environments, sometimes in inclement weather. May be required to travel for extended periods as needed.
- Have a valid U.S. Driver’s license required.
- Are able to understand, speak, read and write Spanish and English.
- Are able to visually distinguish colors.
- Are able to provide proof of U.S. residency (required).
- Become winch operator certified within 90 days of acceptance.
- Are able to operate a personal computer, printer, telephone, fax machine, scanner and other business-related, general office equipment.
- Have Microsoft Office skills (Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Project
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a position of public trust. In order to obtain this position, you must currently be a U.S. Citizen and U.S. Resident and be able to show proof of citizenship and residency..
At Peraton, we’re at the forefront of delivering the next breakthrough in national security, every day. We’re the partner of choice to help solve some of the world’s most daunting challenges. How? By thinking differently. We’re not mired in the past. We look at all problems with fresh eyes. We look past the obvious to bring the best talent, tech, and ideas together to completely transform how problems are solved. So bring your unique ideas, your entrepreneurial spirit, and your drive to succeed. Get ready to be part of something bigger. Get ready to do the can’t be done.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.