Plant EHS Manager is responsible for the development, leading and sustaining of plant safety, environmental initiatives and ISO 14001 EMS to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for employees and protection of environment and sustainable site’s operation. Supervise 1 person.
Represent company within government agencies such as OSHA, EPA, OSHA, etc.
Responsible to establish and promote the maintenance of a safe, accident free, and healthy work environment.
Sartorius Stedim Filters have a condition of employee for all our employees in Head of a Business area, Managers and supervision positions that will become educated in an adhere to the company Quality Management System policy. All incumbents are expected to complete the QMS training or achieve a fully effective training to become part of the partners.
The incumbent assumes commitment with the Quality Policy and objectives established for the Quality Management system and are compatible with the contest and strategic direction of the organizations.
The execution of this will be included in the Annual Performance Program and the company expects exceeded results in the event.
All, they will observed and adhere to company Safety programs and local objectives and this will also be evaluated in the APP.
Essential Duties and Qualifications:
- Develops, implements and disseminate Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures and assure that plant is in compliance with local and federal regulations including the preparation of all reports according to government requirements and deadlines.
- Provide support for Sector and Global EHS&S Team initiatives.
- Participates in the definition of individual and team objectives / metrics that contribute to continuous improvement, focusing on occupational health and safety and environmental aspects.
- Performs job responsibilities in compliance with the requirements established in the EMS ISO 14001:2015
- Build and Lead teams to fully support process safety as a core value—doing the right things in the right ways at the right times.
- Responsible to prepare reports and assure that plant is in compliance with federal and local
- government regulations related to environmental aspects.
- Coordinates annual training to all plant employees as per OSHA, Environmental Regulatory Agencies and ISO 1400: 2015 EMS (compliance obligations) and maintain available all this documentation for plant inspections and audits.
- Assist with customer EH&S audits and complete, as required, all safety and environmental questionnaires as submitted by our customers.
- Collaborate with local Human Resources Manager in the administration of Worker’s Compensation and Early Return to Work Program.
- Accident investigation, file maintenance and OSHA record keeping.
- Coordinate employee medical surveillance, industrial hygiene and environmental monitoring. Maintain EHS, EMS files, records.
- Identify possible projects to optimize EHS department improvements in output and quality.
- Serve as the company’s key Health & Safety, Environmental representative with certifying, auditing, and regulatory entities including ISO 14001;2015 Registar Companies and Certification Bodies.
- Lead and manage the EHS personnel, department; train, coach, and develop a collaborative approach in their dealings with each other and with peers, colleagues, customers and suppliers. Facilitate the development of long-range goals and objectives for EHS personnel direct reports and deliver meaningful individual performance evaluations.
- Manages EHS Department budget and assesses productivity and cost effectiveness of the EHS function; develops projects to improve efficiency.
- Support Document Control reviewing, updating and approval EHS & EMS documents, policies and procedures, instructions, forms, and records.
- Performs studies and analysis of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- On a regular basis conducts inspections or tours within the organization facilities to detect existing of potential accident and/ or health hazard and recommends to Management corrective or preventive measures where indicated.
- Maintain managers and employees alerted as to the hazards of working with toxic fumes, dangerous chemicals and any other hazardous substances.
- Develop the Emergency Reponses Program, update it on a yearly basis and performed in the same period the Plant Fire Drill, Spills Drills, and other drills according to potential emergency situations.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in in EHS, engineering, science in environmental or related field with a minimum of 5-10 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Read, writes, and speaks English and Spanish correctly and fluently. Analyzes and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Capable of effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organ
The incumbent must have 5-10 years of experience creating and leading EHS programs and ISO 14001 EMS in manufacturing operations.
Interested? Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organisation suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognised for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
To find out more about Sartorius as an employer visit us on
Become part of our global team.