This role provides a great opportunity to experience Microsoft E2E, to partner across organizations and to operate at a global scale. The focus of the Protection Services team is to look across multiple risks, leverage data across the company and develop predictive services to identify incidents and provide the data necessary for remediation.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented full stack Software Engineer. A successful candidate in this role will possess analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to execute on end-to-end scenarios, read/write code, and drive integrations with other engineering teams. Successful candidates must have a track record of showing up in a variety of technical and business situations with an inquisitive, can-do mindset and the ability to break through barriers, challenge the status quo, and build connections across organizations. Our ideal candidate will think about audience scenarios and demonstrate user empathy when designing and developing solutions. This candidate needs to have an eagerness to learn & apply the latest technologies, dive into technical development efforts, and deliver solutions that simplify complex business problems.
- Architecting, designing, and implementing risk management, security solutions & tools that support the Protection Services space, particularly using Machine Learning models.
- Architect and design strategies to manage Big Data (both relational DBs and Stream Data).
- Architect and design automation solutions that support detection and prevention efforts for business processes related to Channel Security and Investigations spaces
- Partner with analysts and investigators to build agile algorithms/methodologies designed to prevent piracy/fraud, corruption, and trade violations.
- Partner with peer engineers in Protection Services to support other initiatives and projects.
- Responsible for successful completion of development aspects of projects in conformance to project goals and requirements.
- Analyze and troubleshoot solutions/tools, existing processes and optimize code to improve performance whenever possible.
- Develop and enforce development best practices designed to promote code reusability; assist in defining and updating the team standards to improve the development process and quality of deliverables.
- Assist with sprint planning and participates in the creation of new guidelines and procedures.
- Partners with Risk Managers and other stakeholders to drive and build solutions that meets business requirements, objectives, and metrics.
- Participates in project team activities and contributes to documentation requirements consistent with methodology.
- Prepares presentations and status reports.
- Fosters proactive and cooperative relationships exist within the project team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical field
- 5+ years of software development experience with C#, C++, Python, or Java
- Experience of relational and NoSQL databases ETL techniques.
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning, transforming, and modeling techniques.
- Azure Services, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks development experience preferred.
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies development preferred.
- Security or compliance experience is a big plus
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.